Leadership SouthCoast (LSC) provides emerging leaders with a powerful learning environment and a dialogue that will last long after the program has been completed.
Each year a diverse group of acknowledged and aspiring leaders are selected to participate in a thought-provoking, 9-month community leadership program consisting of a one-day retreat and 8 monthly full-day sessions. Two of the 8 sessions are full day workshops on general leadership development presented by nationally-known leadership experts. Class members form into teams and complete a project during the program year that benefits the community.
- Building trust and networks with diverse leaders
- Motivating to take responsibility and making a difference
- Strengthening capacities for community change
- Understanding and valuing diversity
- Exploring the interconnectedness of issues affecting the SouthCoast
- Exploring and enriching personal goals
- Understanding and empowering self and others
- Creating a network of leaders